Have your say! "Free Speech" or Muslim bashing? Do you support Iraq troop withdrawal? Iran invasion?
  • Please read our posting policy before adding a comment
  • Target areas: Operation "Anyone But Labour" 2006
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Radiohead star felt physically ill dealing with New Labour

    I have to admit, when i've read replies to my letters to my New Labour MP, i've felt slightly nauseous. Today's Independent has this report:

    Yorke dismissed Blair as a man with "no environmental credentials" and said dealing with Labour "spin doctors" had made him feel physically ill.

    "Luckily, in the end the decision was kind of made for me," he told the music magazine NME. "This all started kicking off about two or three weeks before I was supposed to meet with Blair, which I was not happy about anyway for obvious reasons, i.e. Iraq.

    "It was: 'If we could just have a meeting beforehand where we could go through how it would proceed ...' It was like talking to Blair's spin doctors. It was all getting weird. It was just obvious there was no point in meeting him anyway, and I didn't want to."

    See all recent "A Logical Voice" posts

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home