Have your say! "Free Speech" or Muslim bashing? Do you support Iraq troop withdrawal? Iran invasion?
  • Please read our posting policy before adding a comment
  • Target areas: Operation "Anyone But Labour" 2006
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Flashback: "I got my kills....I just love my job"

    A reminder, from 2004, of the attitude of many American troops, if any reminder was needed, courtesy of the Telegraph:

    Capt Kirk Mayfield, commander of the Phantoms, called for fire from his task force's mortar team. But Sgt Anyett didn't want to wait. "Dude, give me the sniper rifle. I can take them out - I'm from Alabama."

    Two minutes tick by. "They're moving deep," shouted Sgt Anyett with disappointment. A dozen loud booms rattle the sky and smoke rose as mortars rained down on the co-ordinates the sergeant had given.

    "Yeah," he yelled. "Battle Damage Assessment - nothing. Building's gone. I got my kills, I'm coming down. I just love my job."

    ......

    Lt Jack Farley, a US Marines officer, sauntered over to compare notes with the Phantoms. "You guys get to do all the fun stuff," he said. "It's like a video game. We've taken small arms fire here all day. It just sounds like popcorn going off."

    Another marine stepped forward and began to fire an M4 rifle at the city. "He's a reservist for the San Diego police. He wants a piece of the action, too".

    See all recent "A Logical Voice" posts

    4 Comments:

    At 3/23/2006 12:22:00 am, Blogger DJEB said...

    Sounds like a more honest version of those right-wingers who "hate[s] war, but [feels that] sometimes it's necessary."


    BTW TS, I was thinking of doing some of these blasts from the past myself, but there is no way I have the time for it.

     
    At 3/23/2006 09:15:00 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

    Indeed, djeb, this article, and others like it show those people up for the liars they are, these people don't hate war, they positively adore it.

    If you'd like me to repost anything in particular djeb from the archives for you, please do let me know.

     
    At 3/24/2006 01:07:00 am, Blogger DJEB said...

    I was thinking that, given enough time, I woul go through the Common Dreams archives from 2000 onward. I just don't have the time for it. In fact, I should be preparing for a presentation on passive solar straw bale homes and retrofitting old homes for energy efficiency right now.

     
    At 3/24/2006 07:19:00 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

    Ah, right, yes, Common Dreams is an excellent resource isn't it. Good luck with your presentation by the way.

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home