Have your say! "Free Speech" or Muslim bashing? Do you support Iraq troop withdrawal? Iran invasion?
  • Please read our posting policy before adding a comment
  • Target areas: Operation "Anyone But Labour" 2006
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    April 2005: "I knelt down, said a prayer, stood up and gunned them all down"

    When Blair referred to extremists from any religion, I wonder if he was also referring to members of the US military, who regard themselves as crusaders:

    The Online Journal has this report, on a US army reservist who witnessed first hand some disgraceful crimes against humanity:

    DELGADO: There were 4,000 to 6,000 prisoners at Abu Ghraib. I got to work with a lot of officers, so I got to see the paperwork. I found out that a lot of prisoners were imprisoned for no crime at all. They were not insurgents. Some were inside for petty theft or drunkenness. But the majority—over 60 percent—were not imprisoned for crimes committed against the coalition. ...... He showed me these grisly photographs, and he bragged about the results. "Oh," he said, "I shot this guy in the face. See, his head is split open." He talked like the Terminator. "I shot this guy in the groin, he took three days to bleed to death." I was shocked. This was the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. He was a family man, a really courteous guy, a devout Christian. I was stunned and said to him: "You shot an unarmed man behind barbed wire for throwing a stone." He said, "Well, I knelt down. I said a prayer, stood up and gunned them all down." There was a complete disconnect between what he had done and his own morality.

    See all recent "A Logical Voice" posts

    4 Comments:

    At 3/23/2006 12:11:00 am, Blogger DJEB said...

    What a "good Christian" man!

    I wonder what oil industry engineer Allan Sharp of Aberdeen would say. (Not that he'd be able to make a post that didn't violate the posting policy.)

     
    At 3/23/2006 09:08:00 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

    Oh yes, Allan was one of those who didn't think "our boys" could do any wrong wasn't he.

     
    At 3/24/2006 01:03:00 am, Blogger DJEB said...

    I was thinking of his pro-Christian / Islamophobic attitudes.

     
    At 3/24/2006 07:20:00 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

    Ah, very true, I momentarily forget about his bigoted views.

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home